love God. love people. nothing else matters.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Our First Real Day Out

It's 5 o'clock, and phew! It's been a full day! Determined to leave the house today, we set out getting ready at 830 to go to an East Bay Moms meet-up at the park, and then to the Mom and Baby pilates class some friends and I were planning to attend in the afternoon.

I must say, Monclair Park is really nice! It feels almost like a regional park, with big beautiful, healthy looking green trees, a pond, and a variety of activities for families to enjoy. The crystal clear blue sky today and fresh chilled breeze really helped too. The whole experience there was just "fresh."


Well..

with the exception of one part...when Sarai decided to pick up pieces of something and throw it into the pond. That was the problem. But that it was duck poo...well that was pretty disgusting. We took off running (laughing) to find a restroom to wash her hands.

The pilates class was nice; the reception staff lady was very accommodating and the teacher was young, friendly, understanding. Can't say I got much exercise in, between nursing the baby and trying to keep sarai from hitting Anaiah with the ball, but it was still nice to bein a class setting anyway.

Sarai had a couple fall-outs at groc out, but thankfully she came home and went to sleep with a lesser level of protest than I was expecting. I was afraid of the all-out tackle needing to be used, but she went to bed. Crying, but got under the covers fairly easily.

And then this online review of the church. I still don't get what gives some random guy any clout or legitimacy when reviewing churches, but apparently he has an audience, and I guess that's all that matters in the way of publicity these days. M just had to tell me that he mentioned me, specifically, in the article. And as much as I hated to care, I did want to see what he said. All it turned out to saw was that I had glistening eyes for my husband, and that that said more to him than anything else. Also said something about maybe I didn't know my husband's entire vision but I was still in his corner. Kinda weird. I still think it's lame that this random guy gets to characterize (/caricature) churches however he wants and that people will listen and probably be influenced by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment