love God. love people. nothing else matters.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday: lovin' being at home

I like staying at home. As I was heading up the stairs today, I had a surge of happiness hit me as I realized I don't have to return to work anytime soon. I really appreciate being able to stay home with the girls and have home and family be my primary concern. I do wondering sometimes, though, if I should be doing more. I watch how hard M works and I feel like I should be helping him some more, somehow. But then I remember that providing him a warm, welcoming, comfortable and clean home is important in keeping him emotionally well. And that regularly preparing food for him to eat for breakfast and dinner and take with him for lunch is also important for his physical health and performance. And that my happiness is important to him as well, and since being at home is helping me to be happy, that it is something to celebrate and for me to embrace without worrying about why I'm not worrying more!

He's off for a "Turnaround" trip to DC. Left tonight and will be back tomorrow, so it's just me and the girls tonight. We ate spaghetti and managed to clean up a bit. I'm really working on teaching Sarai the meaning of where something "belongs." I can tell that when she *knows* where something goes, she's much more likely to put it back there, so I plan to maximize that and make it into a little "system" for us.

Two things I want to start doing while I'm home is 1) weekly meal planning, probably on Sundays, or maybe Thursdays before shopping on Friday mornings. This would include making a list of what to eat and what to buy each week, week by week. And secondly, more scrapbooking. I made Nylah's "name" page today and was pleased with how it turned out. Along with that, I must start planning how I will spend that $3,000 before it's too late. So glad I got a Smash book to help me keep my thoughts for that organized...now on to using it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment