love God. love people. nothing else matters.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday: Cleaning, chili, and (no) Caravan

After a sort of slow start to the day (didn't really get to "tasks" until after 10), I somehow managed to get everything important done. I washed the sheets, straightened up our room, and did 3 loads of laundry, including towels. I realized that I don't have to put so much pressure on myself, and that's one of the benefits of being a SAHM. I'm able to focus on a few things a day, and that's ok; in fact, it's great! Less is more. I didn't have to stress over "how much can I get done around here today?" Instead, I just did what felt "natural" and before I knew it, everything was done. Moving in the flow of things...makes me think back to my labor, lol.

One neat thing today is that I finally made a meal that I'm really proud of! Using Corrinn's famous chilli recipe, I decided to use the crock pot and see what would happen. I mixed chili beans, pinto beans and kidney beans, canned corn, ground turkey, taco seasoning and ranch powder, and the result was delicious! I was especially proud because even though M had already eaten a bowl of nachos, he still ate the chili and cornbread (which Sarai loooves!) and said "that was really delicious and tasty" after it was all done. I even go them both to try sour cream in their chili, and cheese. M hadn't heard of it, but I was glad he was willing to try it.

It was very nice sitting around the table for dinner together. Nylah was in the moby. S asked M "Daddy, what's *your* favorite color?" "I like red, purple and gold." "Aw, purple is for girls!" she protested. LOL.

Thought of going to the the Caravan tonight, but M dissuaded us. It was raining, cold, and the "stop" tonight was in a rougher neighborhood. Probably not a good mix for trying to handle 2 teeny ones at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment