love God. love people. nothing else matters.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday: Meetup, PD & lil slicky

Went to a playgroup today in Maxwell Park. Funny, it's the Berkeley Moms grp, but most of the meetups seem like they happen in Oakland...and most of the people seem to live in Oakland as well. Anyway, I was glad we went. Even though we were about an hour late, it still turned out to be worthwhile. Sarai loved the real-sounding drum set they had, and I had a nice time chatting with the 2 moms that were there. The hostess was candid about the neighborhood, and the other mom was eager to know more about our house search, family, and my take on the Berk schools. It was my first playdate at a random person's house, and it definitely wasn't as scary or awkward as I had imagined in my worst fears. Just moms in young families with similar concerns: settling down, careers, neighborhood, etc.

Later, I had to do a PD (ugh!) at the ACOE. It wasn't tooo bad, thankfully. Left S with Sis D while Nylah and I made our way down the 880. The meeting was THREE hours! That seemed so long when I got there at 4, but thankfully it went by pretty fast.

After a full day, I was ready to wind down. When we had come upstairs to go to bed, I told Sarai to grab our book so we could prepare to lie down. I put my phone on the charger and went to the bathroom. Little did I know, she had a plot up her sleeve. I knew it when she came over to the bathroom door, and ever-so-slowly, closed it. I almost yelled out, "Put my phone down!" haha, because I knew that that was exactly what she was doing. When I came out, there she was on the bed, the bluish light from my phone illuminating her sharp little face. As M would call it, her "slick spirit" at work!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I found you in my search of African American ditigal images and came across a question you asked (back in 2008). LOL I'm sure you've probably found the answer. You wanted to know if there was any African American ditigal images you can find. I'm searching for the same thing.

    I'm new to the scrapbooking and hope to get into it this summer.

    ReplyDelete